How would you feel if Hilary Clinton is our next President ?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by wulfman, Sep 16, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Guest

African American President and now a female President. I think it is a huge step forward in civil rights but can a woman make tough decisions ? Or are they soft ?

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I wouldn't be happy about it. She would be about the same as Obama who I feel has been a pretty awful president both domestically and internationally. They seem to have mostly the same world view. In my opinion we really need a president who is serious about promoting a constitutionally limited government. We need to shrink the government and spending significantly, and we need to reform entitlements and reform the tax code. I feel like Obama's presidency has mostly been a waste, as none of the pressing "controversial" issues have been addressed at all.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Very good points. It's also obvious that Obama is very corrupt and obsessed with social justice and race.

As for the whole notion that we need to elect people because they are a certain race or gender in the name of "civil rights progress", I think that's a crock. For minorities to truly be considered as equals, they should succeed on their own merits - not out of pity and charity. And we should vote based upon issues important to us and whoever appears to be best suited for the job - race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc should not be factors either way.

Of course that's not the way it works in the minds of many voters.

There are new Benghazi scandal developments heating up that should cast doubt on Hillary as a person and as a suitable candidate, but the sad fact is that the mainstream media and probably half the country won't care one bit. I doubt the MSM will even cover it - just as they are ignoring the fact that Holder's office has been found to have been impeding the IRS investigations.

I'm pretty sure that she'll get in - she's who the media have chosen. And it's a given that close to half the country will vote for whoever the Dems nominate. If enough of those in the middle are swayed by emotion, the need to elect a female in the name of "progress", and the MSM propaganda, she'll get it easily. This is especially true if enough Republican voters are dumb enough to "stay home" like they were in '12.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The US democracy is resembling more and more a monarchy, it seems that if there is a family member that was a member, the next one will be too, aren't there any more people to be elected?

5. wulfman

wulfman Guest

You misunderstood me JR. An African American President and then a woman President elected IS a huge step forward in civil rights as in the American public a decade ago wouldn't even have considered it. I never said in the name of civil rights it is necessary to elect a minority or female President.

6. wulfman

wulfman Guest

You misunderstood me JR. An African American President and then subsequently a woman President elected IS a huge step forward in civil rights as in the American public a decade ago wouldn't even have considered it no matter how good a candidate they were. It is good to see that people are basing the job of Presidency on competency rather than race or gender. They failed with Obama for sure. He has not met expectations and failed to act swiftly when necessary. And you are partially right. The huge amount of minorities that elected him because he "wasn't white" was a huge reason he got the job. Which is also very wrong. I never said in the name of civil rights it is necessary to elect a minority or female President.

7. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Sorry for the double post but this forum doesn't let you edit posts after 5 minutes :confused:

8. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Hilary in regard to the presidency.

They say that behind every great man there is a greater woman. She stood by her man through thin and thick and did not lose face when the worst hit. I think that she would make a great president. Women have great power within them that only comes out when needed. She will make those tough decisions and then some more.

9. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd mind having her as a President, as long as her campaign goes well, she needs to be on point in the debates and present good ideas, she can't win simply for the novelty factor of electing a woman.
    She did a good job as Secretary of State, we know her ideals, and she'd be getting precious help/advice from her husband.
    I'll be judging her as harshly as other candidates when election comes around and then vote for whoever impresses me the most.

10. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I am so dubious regarding politics these days, I don't know if it does really matter who's on power because I feel that the real power comes from behind.