Twitter Ah News Fri 9/30; Price Pops +5.4%

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by baudwalk, Oct 1, 2016.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Various Seeking Alpha articles and tweets about sale of Twitter to a number of would-be purchasers have been daily occurrences these past weeks to the point of beng silly. Many seem to be opinion blather; I pay no attention to them. Recently the Fast Money traders on CNBC have often discussed purchaser candidates. But Friday night's news from Bloomberg, breaking AH, seems more credible. The stock price popped +5.4% after 6 pm ET on an apparent interest by Google.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ap-lazard-to-review-potential-bid-for-twitter

HTH.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Good to see it pop up close to $25. I'm still holding 50 shares...

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

And I'm holding 400, down from a 1000 at peak. I thought about letting these go for my 2016 MRD but I decided to sell some DIS instead. I wouldn't mind adding ~10 GOOGL shares to the portfolio. I found it interesting that CNBC completely missed this story; Bloomberg posted the story about two hours before the 4 pm market close. We have to wait for Minday's premarket to see what develops. Excelsior.

4. JR Ewing

I've been a big longtime shareholder in GOOGL. It's become my largest holding by far since I've sold most of my AAPL and UHAL recently.

5. JR Ewing

I sold those last 50 shares late last week @ $20.95 after the news broke of all of those companies saying they were not interested.