Віll Gаtеs: Аррlе Рау іs "fаntаstіс" аnd а "rеаl соntrіbutіоn"

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by JaneHansen, Oct 6, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

When I heard about the randomization feature for ApplePay so you essentially never give out your credit number I just thought "brilliant." It's unfortunate that Paypal is not supported on the platform, but I heard there was a bit of drama relating to that and Paypal's affiliation with Samsung.

In any case, I wonder if the technology is patented in any way or whether we will see this on other devices.

2. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

yea, holy cow. Talk about a crowning endorsement from a major player in the business market, particularly from their primary competition.

Hadn't taken a look at Apple Pay before this and it's looks like a really cool piece of tech. It'll be interesting to see how it competes with Paypal and other online transaction products, but this is just another example of Apple being at the forefront of new innovation.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yeah, when the boss of the competition says it's good I think we ought to believe it.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that Gates has reached such a level that he can just speak his mind, he doesn't care if it's his company or not.

5. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

I think it's just Bill Gates doing what he always does. I've heard he's done a lot of charity since he left Microsoft, and we all know he's loaded. So honestly if he thinks another company deserves praise for doing something right to help push forward a new technology, I don't really see him having a reason to hold back.

6. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

Apple pay is fantastic. So, I think it's wise for Bill Gates to admit it. He has enough money to compliment his competition. And this really is a great idea. But I do have one question... for us regular people who can't afford top-level security, are any of you worried about giving such easy access to your bank account especially through cell phones that are probably lost or stolen more often than laptops?

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that most people are suspicious about that breeze, simply because it involves our personal data that moves all our money. I'd analyze everything in detail before I do it.

8. twinsmommy31

twinsmommy31 Active Member

I am sure Gates will come up with something. Why can't he give the competition a compliment. They are doing well. He know this and it will help him strive harder.

9. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yep, Gates is already at another level, he's not even running the companies anymore, most likely just enjoying life and appreciating a good effort from Apple. :)

10. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Am yet to acquire an ******...so while the rest of the crowd parties away with Apple...am still sailing with Microsoft...i think both are beneficial and also it depends on preference.