Віll Gаtеs: Аррlе Рау іs "fаntаstіс" аnd а "rеаl соntrіbutіоn"

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by JaneHansen, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that this has to be good or else Gates would not compliment it, he has nothing to win by doing it.

2. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

The problem that MS has had for years is complacency in a model that was not built on continuous innovation the way that Apple has been. Apple often takes a thing that already exists and finds ways to expand and make it better. The concept seen in Apple Pay, iCloud, and iWork are not really new, just done in typical Apple fashion.

Apple does not sell a product more so than it does a lifestyle that says, "I am hip, innovative, and on the cutting edge." MS was complacent with the virtual monopoly they had over the PC space, and fell asleep behind the wheel (thus failing at the mobile tech and mobile app department). When Apple does something, the industry expects it to be done right, and will often follow suit. The problem MS will have soon is that people are starting to question why they are still using PCs (particularly since the Windows 8 build is very unpopular).

Gates has to admit when things are done better--especially when he does not have a strong technological answer in his tool bag. If he finds himself sending too many compliments that way, he may notice more users going that way as well.

3. troutski

troutski Guest

No. Apple Pay utilizes the same encryption you'd find online for websites that store your financial information. You have to match your fingerprint to the Touch ID in order to access this information. You won't even see full payment information in Apple Pay, and each transaction generates a single-use token. It's actually quite safe, definitely safer than carrying around cash.

4. Misslisa

Misslisa Guest

I think that Google/Android NFC payment system will gear up to make a big come back now that Apple Pay will be in high demand.

5. troutski

troutski Guest

It's called Google Wallet, and it's not Android NFC. NFC is a technology that's not exclusive to one platform. It uses near-field wireless technology to communicate between two devices. Apple Pay utilizes NFC just like Google Wallet does, and the fact of the matter is that Google Wallet probably won't make a comeback in its current form. Apple Pay has far more support from merchants and financial institutions. Although Google Wallet can be used everywhere that Apple Pay is used, it's just not as intuitive or easy to work with on the user's end.

6. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Bill Gates is a good man for giving Apple a good job with regards to their work. This will not adversely effect Microsoft in the least and actually goes to show good sportsmanship in the end.

7. petesede

petesede Guest

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of Microsoft, but Gates has never seemed to be about greed or about MSFT being the best.. in most situations, he seems generally more concerned about marching technology forward. I do think Apple Pay will allow for the critical mass necessary to make retailers more likely to participate, something Google wasn´t able to do alone.