11 Year Old Boy Kills Intruder

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Had a look at the story on a number of different sites and the accounts of what happened differ. On one news site, according to eye witness accounts, the "intruder" was shot whilst trying to sell the younger boy a phone. The two argued for a while before the 11 yr old boy shot the older boy. The second account, which was disputed by eye witnesses makes the allegation that the teenager who was shot dead was trying to break into the house but was neutralized before he could get in.

Kids with guns . . .

2. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

Any links?

I have a lot of questions. How the hell did the kid get a hold of a gun? Where were the parents? How many shots were there?

This isn't necessarily gun violence but guns are everyone's issue these days.

3. shyinvestor

shyinvestor Active Member

I'd like to see more of this too because it really sounds a lot weird but if it is confirmed it is really scary indeed. A 11years old boy carrying with him a gun it should be something that is out of any thoughts...

4. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

You know the society is to blame when an 11 year old boy takes a life with a gun.

5. Andy

Andy Member

Society is to blame or whoever allowed him to get the gun is to blame? Also, it depends what lessons about guns an 11 year old had been taught. At 11, I might have had access, but I'd been taught better. If my parents weren't absolutely sure of that, I promise you my dad would have made sure I didn't have access to firearms, shop tools or whatever else I wasn't prepared to use responsibly.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I would really like a link to this before I even comment anything.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

OK. Here are the links:

http://nypost.com/2015/09/04/11-year-old-boy-fatally-shoots-intruder-during-home-invasion/
    St. Louis County police say an 11-year-old boy fatally shot a 16-year-old intruder during a home invasion, but some neighbors take issue with that account . . . some neighbors told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that they witnessed the shooting and there was no break-in.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/04/missouri-11-year-old-fatally-shoots-16-year-old-intruder/
    . . .authorities said the unidentified teen went through the home's unlocked front door while the 11-year-old and a 4-year-old girl were home alone. Police said the younger boy shot the teen in the head.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I learned to safely shoot and handle guns at a very young age. I also happened to be a "latchkey kid" growing up, and often spent a couple of hours a day after school alone at that age. I could have quite likely easily justifiably defended myself in such a manner at that age if someone had ever broken in.

9. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

OK well my guess is the kid won't be prosecuted by why was the gun available for an 11 year old to find? 11 year oldsshould not have access to guns. I mean who knows what kind of a threat the "intruder" posed? It not a decision for 11 year olds to make. I think that the issue here is the fact that the child had access to the gun in the first place.

10. robert.dowding10

robert.dowding10 New Member

Neighbors have conflicting accounts. One neighbor said the shooter was outside talking the the victim before the shooting.