11 Year Old Boy Kills Intruder

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Sep 5, 2015.

1. jbepp

jbepp Member

While it's true that a kind shouldn't have access to guns, the intruder also shouldn't have access to guns. I don't want to think what would've happened if the kid refused to do what the intruder said and he forced him. The gun problem is something really complex and can't really be fixed by just banning guns. If things were that easy someone would have done it a long time ago.

2. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

It's more than irresponsible. I mean, if they're not even old enough to drive, they should not have access to guns, full stop. That's how accidents happen and how, unfortunately, lives are lost.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

That is definitely enough to raise some eyebrows.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

All I'm saying is that Home Alone never ended this way haha.

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Where were the parents when this was happening? How come there was no baby sitter?...then again, there is what is being said and what really happened!....kids with guns never ends well :(

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Really cracked me up with that one @AtlantaSports...I wonder what will happen to the boy now...does he go to juvenile prison or ...?...

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Well, this is another incident that will bolster the advocacy of the gun control. But as Donald Trump had said, the gun is not the issue here. No matter what the cause of the killing - whether selling a phone or breaking in - the point is the boy, yes, he's not even a teenager at 11, had killed an older boy with a gun. So where is the fault there, where does the blame lie? But my question is this - if there was no gun and knife was around, do you think the boy would use the knife to kill the older boy?

8. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Another really sad story... Apparently the kid that was shot was not a menace in any case, so how can an 11 year old have access to a gun to do this?...

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Wether the boy who was shot was doing wrong or not, I think the main issue here is that an 11 year old boy had access to a gun in the first place.

Now I know that a lot of people do have guns, and even if the 11 year old had been taught how to shoot by his parents, he surely shouldn't have had access to the gun without any supervision?

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Parents ought to be more responsible. They should always lock up their guns. We've heard stories of children getting hold of guns and shooting their siblings and at times even their parents. The media apparently isn't interested in this story any more so we won't know why the parents let the boy have the gun or how he obtained it . . . too many questions.