2015 Predictions

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Rosyrain, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I agree with that, cable will be replaced by streaming soon enough and that will make a revolution in the content markets, with obvious benefits to the consumers. Looking forward to that!

2. turt

turt Guest

Well, volatility can still be great if you day trade. There's a bigger chance of getting a huge gain in one day.

3. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

The U.S. economy is about to soar

The U.S. economy is about to soar. Partially due to the shale oil revolution, but also because it's about time. Economics is cyclical. Things have been glum since 2008 and they weren't that great before the great recession either. The thing to remember is to enjoy the good times while they last. Because they never do.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

That is the fact, the good times are short, so those are the times to make money, it doesn't seem to me that 2015 will be a very good year, but I might be wrong.

5. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

2015 will be like every other year. Peaks and troughs and everything in the middle. I don't expect the US market to keep hitting record highs and would expect some rotation into markets around the world that have done less well, such as some of the emerging markets. But that's just a guess really as none of us really have a clue. As they say, forecasts say nothing about the future and everything about the forecaster.

6. petesede

petesede Guest

Some companies to watch for in 2015.

Watch the price of oil. Right now, because it is so low, tanker and drilling companies are suffering. Nobody wants to, or can buy drilling equipment or order oil tankers when oil is this low. Buy at the bottom. As soon as oil starts to rebound ( could be awhile), looks for the companies that indirectly benefit from higher oil prices, tankers and drilling equipment manufacturers.

My best successes have not been finding the unkown company that is going to explode, instead it is watching companies that have been beaten down by something, and then be prepared to pounce when that ´something´ changes ( in this case, the price of oil).

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I have always found dollar cost averaging and diversification to work well over all through market ups and downs. Add a minimum of a fixed $ amount to your portfolio every month or every paycheck, and buy more shares of your investments when prices drop and fewer shares when prices rise. You can also diversify more when you have more money.

As I've become more advanced and accumulated more, I've also made moderate use of various forms of hedging such put options and a bit of commodities exposure for further diversification.