2015 World Series.

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by gmckee1985, Oct 27, 2015.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Don't know if there are any other baseball fanatics here, but I'm definitely one. The 2015 World Series begins tonight at 8 on FOX. Kansas City vs. the New York Mets. Any thoughts or predictions? The "experts" seem to be picking the Royals, although it's believed to be a pretty even series. Personally, I'm going with the Mets in 6 games. I think their pitching staff is just too good and they've been on a real roll here lately. Momentum will carry them through.

2. gmckee1985

Well, even though there doesnt seem to be much interest on the boards, I'm hoping someone out there is interested. Royals are up 2 games to none. But the next three games are in New York so the Mets have a shot to make things interesting. Game 3 is tonight.

3. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

All of Canada was cheering on the Jays, best showing in 22 years.
    Watch out for them next year.

4. gmckee1985

Yeah, the Blue Jays should be good for some time to come. I had them
    as my World Series pick. Their lineup is just ridiculously talented and powerful. Imposing to just about any pitcher out there. They do need some pitching help though. Only thing holding them back.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I was a big sports fanatic as a kid. I just don't get into it anymore. I will sometimes watch games casually with other people as a social thing, but that's about it.

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Yes for sure! The Jays did awesome this year and they had the entire country cheering them on
    Next year will be ever better!!

7. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

I would enjoy baseball more than any other sport. I've never been a big sports fan. But it's still just a game. People take it way too seriously.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Living in the UK we don't really get a lot of coverage of baseball but what I have seen of it it's a sport I could get in to.

Over here the most popular sport is football (or soccer) and that pretty much overshadows anything else in as far as sports go.