3 Reasons To Bet On Apache

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, May 27, 2014.

1. PaulSchinider

PaulSchinider Well-Known Member

Apache Corporation (APA) is a mid-sized oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) company that is divesting underperforming assets overseas and focusing on its fast-growing and profitable operations in North America. It is also increasing its involvement in the production of crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGL). The company reported revenues of $16 billion for fiscal 2013 (FY13), a 5.1% decline over 2012, after exiting its Argentinian operations and selling a third of its operations in Egypt to China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (ADR) (SNP).

Apache's shift in focus to North America is expected to lower the geopolitical risks the Houston-based company is exposed to. This is a plus in the aftermath of the Arab Spring in Egypt, which had impacted its operations in the country. These geopolitical risks were a major reason why its stock price plummeted from $130 mark to $80 around two years ago. It has not recovered since then, and has hovered around the $80 mark.
    The Apache management has recently resurrected its long-term growth strategies and is optimistic about the company's outlook. It recently increased Apache's authorized share repurchase program by 10 million shares to 40 million. Sell-side analysts are currently inclined to give the stock Buy or Hold ratings, and here we have taken a look at three key factors that should convince you into investing

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I have liked this one for many years myself.

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Oil companies are *usually* good bets, I wonder if Apache will stand out from the competition in the near future and make the article come true.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Tags: