30 University of Missouri football players run the funny farm

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by baudwalk, Nov 9, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Thirty University of Missouri black football players forced the immediate resignation of the white System President Tim Wolfe over alleged non-specific charges of racial insensitivity. The players refused to practice and play, leading to a campus-wide 7-day food strike and a partial faculty walkout. The loons are loose. The football coach had to play along, otherwise he wouldn't be able to recruit, much less have a job. Liberal minds full of mush infect the universities and colleges today. Large football programs run these "educational" institutions. What a mess.

It looks like the Ferguson disease and protesters moved 120 miles down I-70 / US-40.

It was reported that an unidentified football player did not agree with the 30 black players. Perhaps the team's poor season affected the situation. The basketball team refused to back the football players. Some students are calling into talk shows are expressing disgust over the situation, speaking against the 30 players. The protests were not campus or system-wide.

Absolutely pathetic. And this again raises the questions of athletics running higher education across the country.

By the way, two years ago Mizzou was honored as showing the way for LGBT sensitivity in recognition of the gay football player Michael Sams. Sams made it through the NFL draft onto 2 teams, then a CFL team, before leaving football on his own volition.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

No wonder the football coach sided with the 30 players. He is paid $3 million a year, despite his 4-5 season. Pfft.

4. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Social justice gone made or just a story of the times?

Either way it seems pretty funny to me and doesn't surprise me.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think the worrying thing is that it IS a sign of the times, and stories such as this are becoming increasingly more and more common.

The trouble is tho, have things gone too far now that they can't be stopped? Is this what our future is going to look like? That's the most scary part of this...

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Thinking about this a bit more, Wolfe -- "h--- no, I won't go" -- should have said one of two things. (1) To the players, you're fired. The season is over. (2) To the 30 players, you are off the team, leave your uniforms at thr door, your sports scholarship is cancelled and we're bringing in other people who want to play.

The tail is wagging the dog here. Did you read those demands? Ludicrous!

7. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Ridiculous!! Just read the demans!! I agree Ludicrous! This never should have been allowed to happen.
    Sadly it is a sign of the times.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

9. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well it seems like Missouri has certainly seen its share of problems this year. It seems like it all started with the shooting of Michael Brown and went from there. There just seems to be many problems especially around the cities that encourage people to involve themselves in social unrest. I don't know what the real story is, and maybe the President]s resignation will quiet the voices of dissent.

10. turt

turt Guest