3D Printing

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by cityguy, Aug 31, 2014.

1. cityguy

cityguy New Member

Hi all,

I know that 3D printing is controversial in terms of stock volatility among the key players (3D Systems and Stratasys being the most prominent) but I'm still a believer in the idea that 3D printing may be the "next big thing" among consumers. Yes, I go so far as to say that once the consumer adoption of these printers takes off (and this still seems to be about 1-2 years away) then they will be ubiquitous... basically, I predict that every home will have one, every teenager will want his/her own, etc. Just like with tablet computers these days.

So yes, I first invested in 3D Systems (ticker DDD) about two years ago, and it's absolutely been a roller coaster ride since... I didn't sell any when it spiked earlier this year, again, because I'm still a believer......

Thoughts?

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I really have to agree with you. I was thinking about this the other day and could really see 3D printing being the next big thing. I can imagine every home having one and just needing the raw materials to input into the printer. I plan to watch the technology and see where it goes over the next couple years.