45% of American households pay no federal income tax

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Feb 26, 2016.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

No, you missed the point. Entitlement spending is not an insignificant part of federal spending like you tried to suggest. Even excluding Social Security, it is a chunk of change.

And I'm not even going to bother with your back-peddling on small businesses. Also, your BS statements on ExxonMobil shows you simply don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

To simply answer your question, as I have stated elsewhere either in this thread or elsewhere on the board, I don't believe we should be taxed on unearned income in the form of dividends and interest for reasons previously stated.

3. petesede

petesede Guest

What is the back-peddling on small businesses. I went forward. I would bet money that any small business.. 100% of them.. would be able to get some form of gov´t handout or aid with a little effort. If you live in a city with any type of chamber of commerce or non-profit that supports small businesses, it would be very easy to find one.

It is just a fundamental difference in thinking thinking that people who pay into a system, are then ´welfare´ cases when they take their money back. And you completely miss the point that the corporate tax rates is 32%, which means when almost every major company in the USA is paying between 15-20% as their effective tax rate, that is also welfare. But nope, blame all our problems on that mom getting $200 a month in food stamps and avoid the issue of companies paying less in taxes.

When Exxon was the highest earning company in the country during the Bush years, they were still receiving subsidies from the US gov´t.