5 Stocks To Watch Today: Jumei, Tilly, Palo Alto, Costco, And Abercrombie

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, May 29, 2014.

1. PaulSchinider

PaulSchinider Well-Known Member

Jumei’s stock finally takes off while Tilly’s shares come crashing down during aftermarket trading. Palo Alto beat analysts’ estimates but Costco missed, and Abercrombie is set to report earnings today

US markets opened slightly lower yesterday, and continued to trade sideways for most of the session. All three major indices ended the day negligibly lower. The S&P 500 Index (SPX) remained above the 1,900-point level, the Dow Jones went down a quarter of a percent, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq fell 0.28%.
    Most investors and traders will be looking at the macro picture today, with some key data coming out of the US before markets open as well as during the trading session. The Department of Labor and the Bureau of Economic Analysis will release initial jobless claims as well as a second reading of the first-quarter GDP. This could set the tone for where the session ends today.

2. Hansen

Hansen Member

Costco, of all places. This is some out-of-the-box thinking. Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't Abercrombie take a big hit not too long ago? There was some fiasco with the CEO or something.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I picked up a pretty good sized position in OXY a couple of days ago.

4. lei

lei Member

What are you talking about? Abercrombie is doing terrible. Nobody is wearing that anymore. Most people stay away from name branded stuff. And the people who do aren't going as crazy. Both Abercrombie,Hollister and Aeropostale have flopped a few years back.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I would purchase some Costco stock since they are my favorite store. My mom and my brother usually are the ones shopping there. I would only go when I need to go. If the stock for Costco are good then I am all for it.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't see any of those stocks going up significantly in near term. Abercrombie isn't the appealing brand it once was. Costo is doing pretty well, but I don't see it rising significantly in the future. I'm not as familiar with the other brands so I'm not at liberty to say how well they will likely do. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to them.

7. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

I've heard some rumblings about Costco dropping AMEX and within a week or two we'll get some more concrete information. Naturally, I wouldn't buy or sell based on this as I can't speak for its legitimacy, but it's interesting nonetheless. In addition, some talk about Capital One + Mastercard being the replacement.