50 Cent

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ScooterBrandon, Jul 15, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I manage money for other people - some of them very rich themselves. It is incredibly stupid for someone to come into $100+ million after taxes, then to blow through so much money, take out such large personal loans, and make such stupid decisions with personal and business matters and conflating the 2 that they end up having to file PERSONAL bankruptcy.

I would never want such an idiot as a client, no matter how much $ they initially brought to me - it's not worth my time and trouble to work hard to help someone preserve and grow their wealth, only to see them get to a point where they end up blowing through most of it, and with large debts and legal judgements that they cannot pay.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While he had and some would say still as a big fan base, I'm not sure if I'd use the word legend to describe him to be honest.

As for the money he's earned and lost, sadly I doubt if he'll be the last star to fall into this trap as none of them seem to learn their lessons.

3. horse

horse New Member

50 Cent is great! I read on the NYPost that papers from US Bankruptcy court show that he isn't solvent $185K a month in marketing and promotional earnings, but that he spends around $108K in misc expenses as well as $72K on is 18 bedroom mansion in Connecticut. I guess a look at the court papers would be a more legitimate way to discuss this of course, but one wonders if he is indeed a financial guru or instead the next MC Hammer!