7 percent of people approve of Congress. Opinion?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by ash2014uk, Jun 24, 2014.

1. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

2. TomEthi

TomEthi Member

Well, we are a country with nearly every race. There are bound to be mixed feelings about certain laws and regulations, as well as the people running it all. I don't see 7% as a good thing, but I don't think its the truth. Most people have no real opinion of Congress other than those that they form on a whim because they're in personal turmoil and need a personal bailout. When the general population is more informed about politics in general, then I will look to that percent seriously. Until then, I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt.

Personally, the only issue I have with Congress is the amount they're paid each year. Beyond that, they seem to be doing their job. They just need a lot more time than they're often given to analyze proper solutions to our major problems.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Too many of them have become part of the problem - the whole big govt thing. Those who dare to differ are attacked by both parties. And those who differ are also criticized for not wanting to "compromise" - compromise meaning give king obama and his crew everything they want.

4. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

I actually agree with this to be honest. Those who think about supporting different parties normally get criticised. To be honest, Obama has kind of been a let down in his run as president and probably has affected peoples opinion on voting now.

5. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

That's about right. I have no faith in Congress. Most of these individuals are elected officials who go to Washington and get paid for showing up. Every legislation brought before the floor - and don't let President Obama's name be attach to it - is rejected. For the most part members of Congress enjoy getting paid to do nothing. The only thing they fight for is airtime on cable news or talk radio. They don't care about America. I can understand if you don't agree with the President's ideology, but to outright refuse to even work with the President on anything that would benefit citizens in America is bizarre to me.

6. JR Ewing

The "refusal to work with the president" generally pertains to legislation he favors that would be harmful to the country in general, or that contains excessive pork or whatever. Obamacare is a perfect example. Not a single Republican voted for it, and apparently not a single Dem read it before voting for it - they just went along with him on blind faith. And all but his most loyal lapdogs now see it as a mistake.

Obama wants to "fundamentally transform America". He has had an agenda from day one that he is now ramping up bigtime. I'd love to see him impeached, but he's protected by certain demographic factors and a media that has invested too much in him.

7. JR Ewing

Obama campaigned on being willing to work with both sides, and invited congressmen from the other side to bring him proposals. Eric Cantor did just that right after Obama first came into office, and Obama literally laughed in his face, took his proposal and threw it in the garbage, and told him "elections have consequences!".

He's the more incompetent than Carter at anything other than dirty Chicago thug-style politics, which he's quite good at.

And he's even more corrupt than Nixon as far as I'm concerned.

8. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

This country is made only of immigrants... so we can expect these results anytime, in my opinion.

9. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

That is a very low number, they need to review themselves, and find out what is really wrong.

10. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

It's all a dog and pony show. Someone once said if you want something to get done do not give it to the gov't they will fight among each other for years on the key issues, knowing that the base will never waiver on the issues.

People on both sides of the isle intend to convince only a few opponents to come on their side for certain issues, and that is the only way to win in DC.

Putting faith in this process is not very smart if you want to see real progress. I am an independent and feel that no one can be 100% for or against a so-called party ideology.