A Day of Terror for Indonesia

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gracer, Jan 14, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I just saw this on the news today, 7 people were killed in a suicide bombing in Jakarta just today. Five of those who died were terrorists while the remaining two were innocent civilians. There were a series of explosions around a popular shopping center in Jakarta so I could just imagine the chaos among the people who were there during that time. The suicide bombers are believed to be linked with ISIS after the terrorist group allegedly made a threat on Indonesia after the Paris bombings last year. Here is a link with some of the pictures and videos taken during the attack:

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...xchange-of-heavy-gunfire-in-jakarta-indonesia

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

They are comparing it to Paris, but the whole world is/should be on alert. No where except maybe the Arctic or Antarctica is safe and that's only because there are no humans there.

It's sad that humanity has come to this, and all these pacifists who are against bombing, I wonder what they can say now? Stand and wave a white flag or defend yourself? Defending oneself is a human right, and the world does need to unite in this.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Well something like this happens almost daily somewhere in the world. This should be considered more of a success, 5 terrorists down and just 2 victims. Still two victims too many but it could have been a lot worse.

4. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

It's getting tougher and tougher for the Left to keep burying their heads in the sand on this issue; in fact, the more these types of attacks happening, the more mental gymnastics I'm seeing unfold in order to defend the ideology fueling the actions of these terrorists.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I saw the video clips on the news report on tv last night. The big problem with those terroristic acts is the ensuing suicide. The extremist are willing to give up their lives for their cause. That's anathema to peace-loving people and the only prevention is alertness. Pardon me for saying this but the big difference between Christians and Muslims is the word PEACE.

7. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

I fail to see the connection with the "left" with this attack if were speaking about American politics. In any case, this is pretty sad and I'm sure you can expect more attacks like this in places that have high Muslim populations. Where there is radical ideology, be it just Sharia Law or something much more heinous, I think the breeding grounds are ripe for terrorists.

8. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

This is pretty bad however it's not the first time something like this has happened in that region. It's pretty volatile as it is and I saw on the news last night that ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack. Does anyone find this to be slightly fishy though? I can't help but think that this was an attack carried out by rouge terrorists yet ISIS claim responsibility to create the idea that they can strike anywhere in the world. With that being said, it would not surprise me if ISIS did in fact carry out the attacks.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

This is why the whole world should do more and contribute something and help fight terrorism wherever it is. As long as the group still is around and continues to recruit jihadis the world will remain quite unsafe because you never can tell who the enemy is.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Terrorist attacks are becoming more and more common and it's something that every country needs to be wary about, no matter where they are in the world.

Just because a country is peaceful, doesn't mean that they won't become a target and in some ways they are more at risk as the terrorists think they won't fight back.