A Germanwings flight crashed into the Alps

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by queenbellevue, Mar 25, 2015.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Doing ANYTHING is a risk. You go to a restaurant, what if one of the chefs were sick and coughed into your food by accident? What if the butcher sent over some bad meat? You go into a taxi, how do you know if he's 100% sober and is mentally sound?

You go to work, get into the elevator. How do you know the mechanics/electricians/etc did their job right and the thing wouldn't fall?

Shall I continue?

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

No need, you've painted the picture quite grotesquely and perfectly ;)... makes me want to take a knee this minute and thank the Almighty for shielding me from all forms of disaster.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I agree 100%. You are just as likely to die when you take out the trash in the morning as you are doing any other thing. I don't see the point of living in fear since then I would never even leave my house.

4. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

Planes need thorough checking. Their drivers need to be checked before they fly a backup always needs to be in the wings.

5. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

It is really sad that such things happen. I do believe one should be careful while being in train and plane.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

My initial thoughts were that this was a terrorist attack. Though it doesnt really matter how the folks on the plane died I believe another terrorist event on a plane would have panicked folks quite a bit. A random kook killing people doesnt make it any less sad but is less damaging to peoples psyche's, in my opinion.

7. crimsonghost747

Well first I honestly thought it could have been a medical issue with the pilot. Everyone was screaming "terrorism" once the info about the sound recordings came out but I was a bit skeptical. Mainly because: if it was terrorism then surely ANYTHING would be better than the side of a mountain? Small village, ski resort.. there has to be quite a few things around there that were within a few minutes reach. In the end looks like terrorism was not too far off but I'm glad this was just one crazy person instead.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

This is a tragic event indeed. I don't know how many times an airplane crash for the past years. I'm getting scared to travel using airplane now.

9. crimsonghost747

Why get scared? Flown umm... I think 6 times after the incident and nothing has changed since then. All flights on Lufthansa too and it's all been absolutely normal, just as you would expect.

10. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

That really is so true. However, I do not think that living in fear of danger is something that humans should do. That would be a miserable life, and that would be one where you would not experience all of the things that one should experience.