A new war

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Rosyrain, May 12, 2014.

1. uggonen

uggonen Well-Known Member

This means that if you went to war it might even boost up the economy a bit?

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Even if the market would crash those behind wars always profit with them, the more I see the more I believe that it's all an act big powers put at the expenses of human lives though.

3. nashvilleshelby

nashvilleshelby Active Member

I am going to summarize some information that I saw from the book The Art of War, When a nation goes to war it causes great stress on their resources. Ultimately, their most valuable resources are depleted. One thing for sure is that this country cannot handle another war, when it comes to military personnel and monetary resources. I hope and pray that we do not go to war again...:(

4. pot_star

pot_star Member

The entire US economy will definitely drop. There is no good that comes out of war as we all know that. That's why United Nations was established. To promote international cooperation and prevent another war from happening.

5. foodietr

foodietr Member

Yes if there is a potential war between USA and Russia, I think stocks would plummet. This is mainly because of the tensions of the war, and the heavy stock selling that would follow. Supplies would be limited and demand would be high. This scenario is expected but I don't think there would be a war again on the scale of the WW2 or the Cold War.

This is just my observation but I don't see Putin backing down with Crimea either.

6. hnatalieann

hnatalieann Guest

The U.S. is so nosy, they want to butt into everyone else's problems yet our country needs to fix itself. We have so many problems within the U.S. I wish they would evaluate them instead of worrying and causing problems with other countries.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree that we need to fix problems within our own country, but many of us disagree as to what the actual problems are and how to go about fixing them.

As for foreign policy, part of keeping ourselves moving forward is protecting our interests abroad. Not allowing ourselves and our allies to create vacuums in places abroad - where those who oppose us or have motives not in our best interests or mankind's best interests will fill those vacuums.

8. surwayman

surwayman New Member

Undoubtedly, the bear will touch its snout to feet if the war occurs. But, I have a cent percent conviction that war is not going to happen. I am so sure that Russia has got a lot of unrevealed weapons in their arsenal and so does the US. A war of an uncertain result will crumble the whole world economy. But again, everybody knows this and a war will be avoided at all costs.