A Pregnant Woman Loses Left Eye After Police Fire Non-Lethal Round in Ferguson

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Allison2021, Nov 30, 2014.

1. gats

gats Senior Investor

Its unfortunate but in the heat of the situation we don't know what happened since we were not there. It sounds to me that this is really all her boyfriends fault and he should definately be put away for both reckless driving and ruining her lfe.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Where were they going or where were they coming from so as to get caught up in such a mess?!...pregnant women are delicate human beings...i can only pray for Godspeed recovery in this regard and somehow justice to be served :(

3. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Well the article is quite speculating as well. In the beginning it says she was there to offer support (at 2 am in the morning) and towards the end it says the couple was out to get gas and snacks. So who knows.

4. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

What exactly is going down in America right now?!

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

LOL, what's that question beso? Ferguson and in several other regions there are manifestations, but the police is earning nothing by harming people, even if by accident, like it happened in this case.

6. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

Things are really getting crazy down there. I don't see how the riots help to prove anyone's point though, causing more trouble is not the way to show police that you don't like to cause trouble. In any case, this is just bad.

7. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I think this was just an unfortunate incident. Whilst her injuries are regrettable, it was just a case of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time (with the wrong person!). What on earth was her boyfriend doing anyway, knowing she was pregnant?

8. mithra

mithra Guest

Considering how the media has manipulated the information regarding Ferguson, the protesters and what the police (which had KKK members in their ranks), I don't believe some random guy will run over a police officer when there's a pregnant woman in the car. The Ferguson police have already done a lot of strong-arming in the area; who would be stupid enough to provoke them when it doesn't take provocation for them to use force?

Police the country over can apprehend white serial killers and school shooters who have killed multiple people without killing them, but they can't stop two people without injuring somebody with an ammunition round? Really?

9. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Well, here boyfriend, DeAngelas Lee is a felon who had an outstanding arrest warrant. He's now facing a charge of second degree murder.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh brother. I don't even know where to start. :rolleyes: