A Truly Historic Day In America!

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JR Ewing, Jan 21, 2017.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

2. JR Ewing

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I only hope the old fogies in the R's don't screw it up. On the other hand, it couldn't be worse than the liberal D's.

4. JR Ewing

I can only shake my head at some of the media RINOs who say his mention of "putting America first" was somehow "evil" and were comparing it to Hitler and the NAZIs. :rolleyes:

I expect that sort of thing from people like Chris Matthews and the loony left, but from so-called Republicans?

5. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Looking at events in the US from the UK I find it staggering that so many people are protesting about the inauguration of Donald Trump. While Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were two of the weakest candidates in living history he won the vote fair and square. As you say, what is wrong in putting the USA first? His recent policy that cars sold in the USA should be manufactured in the USA is somewhat controversial but surely he has a point?

6. JR Ewing

I am a little leery of too much govt "protectionism" and other intervention in the private sector. If anything, I'd rather see incentives offered to companies and not threats.

But in terms of foreign policy, national defense, immigration, etc... putting our own interests before those of other countries is what every other country does?

I'm so glad we're no longer a nation being told by our leader that we are the root cause of all the world's problems, and that we need to weaken ourselves and feel guilty for our success as we go out of our way to build other nations up at our own peril.