A Trump presidency is a buying opportunity

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Jun 20, 2016.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

My best guess is that if markets can survive and even thrive under 8 years of Obama's big government policies, whoever wins later this year won't have much of an effect the broad markets overall.

I think the markets will largely do whatever they will do based upon any fed actions, global concerns, etc. Of course we could certainly see another recession and/or bear market - we're about due for more of that. If Hillary is in office and this happens, the media will blame Bush, of course. And should Trump win, he will of course be blamed by the media for any recession, bear market, etc.

I'm becoming less and less optimistic of the possibility of Hillary losing or otherwise being knocked out of the race, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

JR EWING, totally agree with you sir. still upside left in Gold for long-term bearish pattern. Upside in Gold will affect Forex reserves of many countries and if Markets turned bearish. Media will blame Trump for that. By global situation i'm expecting First Crude will crash then Gold will crash and then bullish market for Equity will start. which is long procedure. with Trump or without Trump this is going to happen and Media's blame game never ends.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Longterm, I am optimistic about gold. Between now and 1,5, even 10 years, I have no idea. But I think mid to longterm gold will do well when the US and other countries start having to pay a price for all of the games they play - squashing rates, printing money, over-borrowing and spending, etc.

The optimist in me is also longterm bullish on equities and other commodities, but I am always at least a little fearful that we may blow up sooner or later and be stuck somewhere in a much lower place more or less permanently.

Whatever will happen will happen, I suppose. I try to stay market-neutral in the near term, well-diversified, and somewhat hedged. Individual opportunities to make significant gains (up or down) on various securities, commodities, etc pop up all the time. I try to take advantage of those opportunities whenever I can.

• Like Like x 1
  5. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

well said, sir. Market volatility is more sensitive about global events. No more Cold-war situation.