Aapl - Apple

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Mar 22, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Looks like the recent rally is running out of steam? A dip under $180 would be bad news in the short term.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm still holding a decent sized position.

3. longtermbull

Hi @JR Ewing Whats your view on the short to medium term for the company?

I think they are starting to lose their way a little. In years gone by there was visible earnings progression looking many years ahead, now, well I am not so sure.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think they're a very solid company, but I think they need to either start making some sound acquisitions with some of that cash, or start cranking out some new innovative products to take it to the next level and become a trillion dollar company.

5. longtermbull

Totally agree - share buybacks and large dividends (to keep large investors sweet) wont keep investors happy forever. Apple is an innovative company (or was) and needs to get back on that track. Take chances, think outside of the box and get things moving again. The company has some of the most innovative minds in the world but they are not being utilised.

6. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

At the moment it looks as though $190 is the main resistance - I think we will need some actual good news from the company rather than just an influential shareholder jumping onboard :)

7. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Personally I would prefer to invest in Amazon than Apple simply because Amazon follows retail trends while Apple is forced to gamble and make technology trends. At some point Apple will come a cropper leaving a potentially significant gap in earnings.

8. longtermbull

9. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Looks like the techs are back in favour :)

Whatever happened to the lawsuits about restricting iPhone speeds in older models? More questions need answered but the market seems happy to ignore these in the latest round of tech share buying.

10. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Apple is struggling to pull way from the recent trend - there is no doubt that Apple's star has faded, surely a big game changing acquisition would get the company back on track?

Tags: