Abortion Blackmail?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

A woman who wants to have an abortion on July 10 gave pro-lifers a choice. If they raised $1 Million for her baby before July 10th she wouldn't have an abortion. Should they fail to, then she'll kill the baby.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3304620/posts?page=3
    Any pro-lifers here? Will you donate your one cent to keep that baby alive?

2. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Wow, that's pretty much everything that you need to know about how humans can debase themselves for paper that we perceive as valuable. I really don't understand. Imagine if she raised that amount of money for an allegedly "good" cause that she subtly implies... how would she treat that child? I might seem heinous, but that baby shouldn't be born, just to avoid a bad life filled with struggle and embarrassment.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

She doesn't want to keep the baby. Once the baby is born, he or she will be given up for adoption. The money she [the woman] claims will be placed in a trust fund which the the kid will be given access to once when he or she is 21. Many people see it as scheme to make some fast cash. Should anyone donate the money [and it's in her bank account somewhere] what's to stop her from having an abortion?

4. SilverMill

SilverMill Active Member

I love life. I value life. I care for the life of my loved ones and my own. But, not a cent will I give to this evil-doer putting her baby's life in danger. Not even to prove her point at our expense. I do hope she will change her mind about aborting her baby.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I have to wonder if she's not breaking the law just by setting up this little scheme?

I wouldn't give her a cent. She sounds like pure trash.

I am conflicted on abortion... Morally, I tend to lean towards pro-life. Legally, I tend to lean towards pro-choice, and there's no doubt that a woman should be able to abort in cases of rape, incest, or medical danger.

But I think such action should be taken care of within a very short timeframe early on if it has to be done.

6. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

What an awful woman. She's clearly trying to con some money out of some rich pro-lifers. In my opinion, she should abort or give up for adoption as someone with morals like that clearly isn't fit to raise a child.

I'm not opposed to abortion at all, no woman should be forced to endure a pregnancy which she doesn't want. Women like this are endangering it's legal status though and could potentially make it difficult for the woman who has become pregnant as a result of rape or abuse. Anyway, this is a thread about the woman's actions, not the general morality of abortion itself so I'll close by saying that I really hope Children's Services get involved.

7. PipCurrencies

PipCurrencies Well-Known Member

I'm pro life, abortion is state sanctioned murder. But never a red cent to a terrorist or blackmailer. Never.

8. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

That is a horrible thing for this woman to, but yet it brings up an interesting ethical question. ..what would you do to save the life of another human? I would not donate anything because it would only feed into the craziness of her declaration.

9. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Let's put ethics/politics/opinions aside for a moment, It is a creative little scheme she has going. She will win anyway it turns out. She won't get any of the $$ raised and she won't be keeping the baby, but she just may be able to ride the coat tails of the publicity and earn income that way.

10. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

As strange as it may sound, I'm sure there are people out there that took that statement seriously and is trying to come up with the money, or at least gave a second thought. If she does succeed in getting someone to pay up, you can expect so much more people to pull this stunt just for a payday. Incredible.