After Being Declared Dead, Russia Man Wake Up In Morgue Goes Back To Party

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

A Russian man who'd been drinking vodka with friends passed out because he'd drank too much. His friends called an ambulance and the medical staff declared him dead after examining him and off to the morgue he was taken.

https://www.rt.com/news/327498--dea...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS
    When the door was opened the man dashed back to the party where his friends were drinking [commemorating him] but after his "resurrection" the "ceremony was quickly revamped into a re-birthday party.Quite lucky he was but alcohol may yet be his bane.

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

He was very lucky that he regained consciousness so quickly and there was no cremation. Maybe next time he won't drink so much vodka, or ask his friends to make more of an effort to wake him up.

I'm surprised he managed to find his way back to his friends so fast. Maybe that part of the story was to give it a happy ending.

3. SandyM

SandyM Well-Known Member

Or if cremation wasn't the choice here, he was lucky they didn't start embalming, which could have also finished him off. These types of stories freak me out but hopefully its rare. I can't believe he went right back to drinking; I'd stay away from that stuff and even those friends for a while lol. A "brush with death" is enough to scare most people straight.

4. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

That's pretty insane!
    Maybe the docs that declared him dead had a little vodka before work...

5. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

This story is crazy but I have to admit it made me laugh. Good thing for him that he woke up when he did. Since he headed right back to where they picked him up then I guess it was just a temporary interruption in his celebration. Maybe next time he won't be so lucky though.

6. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well that brings to mind the old adage, truth is stranger than fiction. This is one obviously one of the cases that fits this old adage fits. it is one of the things that you need to think of. It is one of the stories to remember, when you think of that saying.

7. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

They must have not been trained on taking a pulse. You would think that they would be able to tell if he was breathing. If he just passed out then he surely was breathing.

8. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Only in Russia.

Damn though, I mean I can imagine it must have been at least a little bit scary waking up in darkness and feeling cold limbs around you but imagine how scary it would have been had he not been drunk?

No matter the circumstances, these stories of people "resurrecting" always give me the chills. A constant fear of mine is waking up after being buried.

9. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

It's hard for me to believe this actually happened. You mean to tell me the medical staff let him go after he woke up in the morgue? And he just headed back to the party? Yeah right.

10. eddiemoneys

eddiemoneys Well-Known Member

You can't keep a good man down!

"In Russia, death does not stop you, you stop death."

Great story! I enjoyed reading that. You might say he was the life of the party!