Am in my head with this!!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by dianethare, May 15, 2015.

1. CarpeNemo

CarpeNemo Well-Known Member

This is most likely the case. So long as you present a positive outward appearance and a pleasant demeanor, you have nothing to worry about. Some people have personalities rougher than a stucco bathtub and there's very little you can do about it. And besides, it's not your job to polish their habits - you represent your own best interests and people like that seldom fit into your life neatly.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I live in a pretty small city, and there's an older lady who apparently lives in the same area I do and seems to have some of the same interests I do - the big bookstore / coffee shop at the mall, the public library, etc. She has confronted me on more than one occasion accusing me of "following her around", and usually gives me nasty looks - even though I know for a fact that I often arrived at these places before she did on a given day. :D

I once gave her a business card and told her what I did for a living when she asked, and she has told me more than once that I don't really do what I say I do, etc. Complete nutter. :rolleyes:

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

@Glcameron... really hit the nail on the head with that comment there :) ...thanks for the input, am thinking ignoring the whole mess will save me lots of 'sleepless nights'...a 'whatever' feeling is what i decide to put on henceforth :)

4. dianethare

Even if there is a likelihood of us being friends... i wouldn't want that, besides am trying to thin out the friendship herd here :)... confronting her...huh?!... am weighing my options here :)... thanks for the advice @ Rainman :)

5. dianethare

Tough advice...and straight to the point! ... i'll take that with a wedge of lime ;)

6. dianethare

Now i'd call that extra-creepy... if something like that happened to me, i'd run off in the opposite direction :D

7. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Yes, I commented with my wife and she told me that the guy usually is around there talking to people. He's harmless, but women tend to be afraid of him of course, we never know what he might do if we don't know him.

8. CarpeNemo

CarpeNemo Well-Known Member

That's not true, you know. Women can be understood by just knowing the simple and basic rules of female logic. The problem is, female logic is based on rules that change daily at best and hourly if you're unlucky. Just remember, behind every happy man stands an irritated woman.

9. dianethare

I smell an attention-seeker from a mile high... 'following her around'?!... seriously people need to get a life, or maybe she watches many movies {stalker kind} and that motive gets in her brain that people are following her... its a crazy world :D

10. dianethare

These quotes about women... oh my, quite funny, am a woman and am not one bit offended, I know some would be :)... for some reason, I sometimes don't understand women.... at times too :) but men are harder to figure out!