Amazon announces the new Fire phone.

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by richc3, Jun 18, 2014.

1. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

The phone has been released and it seems like a great phone especially with what they have done giving a free year of Amazon Prime with all it offers. I think it will become something like the Kindle for them a major phone that makes them a lot of money from things people purchase with it.

2. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

Critics don't seem to love the phone. The consensus is that it's a tool to just sell more amazon products to people.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I want the new fire phone so bad! Are you able to use it as a mini computer like some cell phones? How are the stocks doing since the debut of this phone? I just think it would be very nice to have and I bet it is much better than the iPhone.

4. troutski

troutski Guest

Amazon's stock has gotten hammered in the last month or so. That's not entirely the Fire phone's fault, though. You can't really use it like a computer, and I guarantee that no critic would consider the Fire phone better than an iPhone. It was a misguided release that only helps Amazon convert more sales on mobile. Really, the device is nothing to behold and rave about, as critics have already pointed out. Even owners of the Fire phone haven't been thrilled with it, as evidenced by Amazon's reviews for the device.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

That sounds more likely that they are. I need to research the Amazon firephone to see if its worth the buy or not. I have a Irulu tablet that I got from Amazon which was not a bad deal during the time. I just don't think its a huge deal until I see what else the firephone can do then I'll reconsider.

6. lei

lei Member

Wow, sounds good. Amazon must be doing really good right now. I might actually buy this phone to test it out and do a review on it very soon.

7. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

It does look like a neat phone from what I have seen on those commercials but I would need to do more research on it before making a purchase. I'm into reading reviews online about different products because that tells me how good it is and if it's going to be worth buying.

8. troutski

troutski Guest

Amazon recently discounted the base model of the phone to 99 cents with two-year agreement, so that tells you how successful and well-received the device has been.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Haven't check out the phone yet. Seems like it's kind of flown under the radar. There doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz or interest in it. It seems as though Samsung and Apple take up most of the coverage and excitement in terms of the cell phone market. With that low of a price I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on the Amazon band wagon.

10. gats

gats Senior Investor

The sound and picture recognition sounds interesting, but I wonder if it is as accurate as they make it out to be. I think I will stick with my samsung, Android phone for the time being.