Amazon Down 11-12%

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Kate, Jul 25, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think like most other great companies they'll find new and innovative ways to grow revenue and make at least some profit. Time will tell.

2. jondjacob

jondjacob Well-Known Member

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Conventional distribution market still makes the big money, but this doesn't mean the future can't start to be prepared.

4. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

Besos has never been afraid to lose money now to make immense profits later. It's always been his strategy and will continue to be. Imagine how advanced drones will be in a few years if we already have self-driving cars on our roads? Businesses will use them for an unlimited amount of reasons. For example, imagine a drone that is able to stock shelves for Walmart. Do you realize how much money that would be worth it them?

5. troutski

troutski Guest

So, how would you get around the liability issues concerning drone usage? Also, Besos may not be afraid to lose money, but he has never made immense profits. Amazon throughout its history has earned incredible revenues, but its profits have always been rather meager because it's very business is so cutthroat, and margins are so low.

6. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

I think that considering the fact investors are getting nervous, he may be wise to let some of those large profits begin to show up/build up instead of constantly focusing on spending profits on experimental things as soon as they come in. At least until his investors are happy again. Without them, his Amazon would be... well, Sears. :D

I know that big businesses work this way, but when the profits aren't showing up, it's time to have a powwow with your execs perhaps.

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, after all you might look awesome, but if the money isn't coming in something is wrong and the markets see that.

8. jondjacob

jondjacob Well-Known Member

I would agree with the sentiment that he will need to start having profits show up in a real way. I'm thinking that Bezos knows this and is banking on the type of market I had passed along in the article to give him a needed stability that will allow this.

9. dariel2323

dariel2323 Well-Known Member

I invested some time ago, luckily I sold before. But this world is so. We must be smart and choose the best opportunities. Having good education in that market.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Amazon would probably invent something new like they have with the firephone. The firephone should increase their profits in the market.