Amazon may introduce new product to consumers

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by TipdOff, Nov 6, 2014.

1. TipdOff

TipdOff Well-Known Member

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Apparently the Voice recognition device, is not available for everyone just yet. I'd like to believe that they're still testing it because: #1 Buying the device is by invitation only. #2 Amazon prime members get it for $99. Are they trying to get more people to sign up with Amazon prime?

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Well it does seem as though the product is not available to everyone, so will keep waiting abit untill it is available and also hear what consumers have to say about it.

4. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Yeah I will wait also and see what people have to say. So much stuff comes out, but we don't need everything.

5. TipdOff

TipdOff Well-Known Member

Haha, especially from Amazon! Investors seem to be very fed up with the way they through money out the window testing all these different consumer electronics devices.

6. troutski

troutski Guest

A lot of analysts seem to be pretty excited about Amazon Echo. I have to admit that it seems pretty cool, especially for people that love letting technology take care of things for themselves. It's like Google Now, but for whatever room you're in. It's an interesting concept that could make life easier, although it's not a necessity. I basically just described every electronic gadget out there, though. I'd buy Amazon Echo, especially at that $99 price point for Prime members.

At the very least, it's a nifty gift idea when it does come out.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Amazon has been struggling a bit lately so it's good that they are attempting to shake things up. Hopefully this echo device is more of a success than the Amazon phone was. That thing was a total flop. While I probably won't purchase the echo, it does seem like an interesting device at the very least. $99 seems a bit steep though. Not sure if people will really get that much use out of it.

8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Thanks for sharing the article, it's just about that voice recognition device right? I don't feel it's that big deal to Amazon, I mean, it's just one more product.

9. troutski

troutski Guest

If it wasn't a big deal to Amazon, then the company wouldn't have taken the time to develop the device. It's a bold move for the company, and Echo helps Amazon learn more and more about its own customers. Integration with Amazon's own cloud services ups the ante, too. i think it will be a popular device, at least initially. If Amazon fails to add more features and up the bar, then we're going to have another failed Amazon product on our hands.

10. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Eh, I'm glad they're trying at least. I can't say I'm terribly impressed by the device and it seems mostly forgettable, partly because it's not even remotely something I feel I need. Part of my concern though is that after the flop of the fire phone, consumer confidence might be dragging a little on the Amazon hardware division. In any case, interested to see their sales figures on this device in the future. In fact, I'll take a quick second after this post to look up the reviews just out of a curiosity.

edit: Guess I'm dumb, it's not even released, yet.