Another Movie in Question BANNED

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by My401K, Dec 27, 2014.

1. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

People in these countries will usually find a way to watch the film in question. The internet makes it so easy. I feel fortunate to live in a country where there is freedom of speech and information. I have yet to watch The Interview, but will probably do so towards the end of the week. Has anyone else seen it? Is it worth watching? Something tells me it won't be nearly as subversive as the media makes out!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

A lot of governments have been banning a lot of movies since forever. This is nothing new, it has happened hundreds of times before and it will happen hundreds of times in the future. Now I can't be arsed to do any research, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the western countries banning some films they view as "Nazi propaganda" during WW2 or "Communist propaganda" during the Cold War etc.

Most of these bans are due to religious or ideological differences. Some countries are just so different that there anything can and will be justified by religion and ideology.

3. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The western culture and the Hollywood culture is sometimes too liberal and "forgets" that come countries are extremely reserved culturally, so these are normal situations I think.

4. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

Oh wow this is the first time I heard about another movie being banned. I have no idea what's up with all these bannings of movies but hopefully things will get better and nothing bad will happen.