Another politician bites the dust.

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SamClemensMT, Jan 23, 2015.

1. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

Say it ain't so. The speaker of the New York State assembly, Shelly Silver, has been arrested by the feds. Charged with five counts of corruption. Who can you trust? He is said to have collected millions at the people's expense.

2. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

I suspect corruption like this has been happening for a long time, just the public is becoming more aware of it. It is similar to police brutality, in the past it was your word against the police, now days with cheap digital cameras there is proof it is happening.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Though we definitely have way too much corruption, it seems we have less than a lot of other countries. The nature of powet and politics is that there will be corruption. Its unavoidable.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

....trust no one but yourself and God. A name tarnished and a person burned...the real product of greed and utter selfishness...how many years behind bars?...i'd really like to know.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Reminds me of the Detroit situation when that Kilpatrick kid was mayor and his daddy was a contractor for the city.

[video=youtube;B24_YsOfluU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24_YsOfluU&index=9&list=PLIk3toEnzFcYAux8 cehbIpXPEQKUH4IB2[/video]