Anyone have good horror movie suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Yosh, Jun 23, 2015.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

There are things that made me dislike SAW...too bloody and quite sadistic...I never got to the end of all of SAW's movies...I got bored...quite fast but The Exorcist got me glued and that night after watching...I slept with my eyes 'wide open' with the 'lights on'...Another movie I thought was scary was Drag Me To Hell...about this gipsy who cast a spell on a banker because she couldn't help her not get her house repossessed by the bank...speaking of which, do gipsies still exist?!

2. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of horror movies and sometimes I found myself in the same situation as you, and it's really frustrating. But I do have recommendations!
    • Noroi, The curse: it's a Japanese fake documentary but it's really good, I found Japanese movies really different and creepier than occidental ones!
    • The Black Door: another fake documentary but this one is a little bit more darker and creepier than the other one, I did really enjoyed it but is one of those movies that you can't stop thinking about at night.
    • Oculus: I loved this movie, I saw it about one year ago and I felt in love instantly, it may be confusing for you at first but be patient! Everything will make sense in a little bit!

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Personally I'm not really a fan of this genre but when I do watch horror movies, the older, classic ones are a lot better than the modern ones in my opinion. Films like Halloween, Friday 13th and films from around that era are classics that defined the horror genre for me.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

If you're a fan of artsy, back to the basics type horror movies, then It Follows is a very good choice.

5. AtlantaSports

I feel like you would like a movie like It Follows, the Crazies, and You're Next.

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

The older horror movies are way better then the newer ones. They were always more chilling and kept you on the edge of your seat. I have always enjoyed a good horror movie but my partner won't watch them so I don't get to see too many these days. I would say stick with the classics, you can't go wrote. Just Google classic horror movies and you should be able to find something you would like to watch.

7. Niall

Niall Member

I good horror movie in my opinion would be insidious even though the third one was a disappointment

8. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Oh you are definitely right. Insidious is a great horror movie and a very good choice. I, also, found the third one didn't live up to the rest but that tends to happen when they keep adding sequels to a movie. Very few movies have sequels that are not in some way disappointing.

9. AtlantaSports

Still have not seen the third one, but I loved the first and second ones a lot. I hope it is not a disappointment.

10. AtlantaSports

I'm assuming you're referring to some movies like It, Poltergeist, the Ring, etc.?