Anyone involved with cryptocurrency?

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by CryptoKid, Sep 23, 2014.

1. CryptoKid

CryptoKid Guest

Hi guys,

I'm wondering who here holds any cryptocurrency and if so what coins are you trading?

I trade BTC/USD daily, but with recent price drops are you buying in or getting out?

Some big things happening in the cryptocurrency world right now, some smaller coins and various DDoS attacks make the market very volatile. If anyone has the "Bulls" to invest at this time, call the shots as you see it!

2. jason

jason Guest

I have some bitcoin. The recent drops have me wanting to buy in. Considering the history, I feel the price will rise. I believe bitcoin will be pretty stable for the next couple of years. Wish me luck!

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

For how much have you bought bitcoin? I think if you bought it low you might have a chance, but it's a huge risk!

4. CryptoKid

CryptoKid Guest

I had a fair amount (XXX BTC) when it was at $500 per 1 BTC however I sold most of it off. I do a lot of trading between BTC / USD and sometimes into alternative cryptocoins. The recent announcement I posted regarding Paypal accepting BitCoins for some digital items really made a killing off that one. You can lose BIG however, so please research before getting involved. High amount of scams going on with cryptocoins too, tread carefully.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

That's exactly how I feel CryptoKid, just the fact that one day 1 BTC can be at $800 and the next day at $400 makes no sense at all to me.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Ever since that huge bitcoin crash a few months ago, where it dropped over 50% over the course of a couple of days, I decided that cryptocurrency is simply too volatile for me to put any money into it.

7. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

I have known cryptocurrencies ever since they came available. Bitcoin has been here for 5-6 years already. However, I regret that I didn't invest into it back then when it was like 10$ per coin since nowadays it is almost 400 dollars. Years ago it was also easier to mine but nowadays it needs so expensive miners that I don't do it anymore.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

You've given me hope jason, the future of bitcoin looked bleak but the sun is going to shine again,...i really wanted to throw in the towel in this regard, thank you for stopping me right in my tracks. :)

9. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

I am very involved with cryptocurrency, however, I am getting more and more against it as time passes. When Bitcoin was at its highs last November, there were plenty of coins you could mine for tons of money and many effective ways to get involved and make money without physically buying the coin. But over the last year, those ways have become less and less common and I'll probably be staying out of cryptocurrencies unless Bitcoins get to around $1250 or more.

10. teastocks

teastocks Well-Known Member

I do not really want to get involve with the cryptocurrencies. I have read some posts on the internet where Warren Buffet has been warning people and telling to not be fooled by the lure of bitcoin. He does not think that it will last that long and that people are just running to it now because it is one of those passing fads.