Anyone making any large investments now?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by turt, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Christin Huberman

Christin Huberman New Member

I try to not invest more than 10% of my net worth in any one company or stock or other investment. This includes a home down payment, but excludes the home loan. Sincerely, Christina Huberman

2. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

Not large investments in terms of the general market, but a few that are larger than I usually make, yes.

3. nashvilleshelby

nashvilleshelby Active Member

I think that is a safe bet. People are hedging their investments by investing in products that people will always buy. Baby wipes, caskets, toilet tissue to name a few. The companies that manufacture those.

4. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Right now, most of my money is tied up in automobile sales in Canada. We've had continuous months of record sales and I'm hoping that the summer months just blow it out of the park. Time will tell if this trend continues, that said it is worth considering that the winter months may have lead to a back log of additional sales that may have already or will come to fruition in the following months.

We'll see.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

FDO announced a deal with Dollar Tree, shares have soared. Icahn sent a letter that seemed to be inviting Dollar General to make a competing bid.

I sold half my FDO shares yesterday, gonna hold on to 50 for now.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/fdo

6. troutski

troutski Guest

I have relatively small amounts invested in a handful of stocks, all of which are doing pretty well. If I had more capital to invest, then I'd be doing pretty well right now. Since that's not the case, I'm only making good gains percentage wise. I gained about 15% on one of my stocks within three or four weeks, but I only had a few dollars invested in that stock, so I obviously didn't make a ton.

Basically, I need to get more money into stocks. -_-

7. JR Ewing

Looks like DG decided to make that competing bid. :)

8. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

I not to long ago (a few months) made a pretty decent size investment in Alliance Berstein. However, besides that company, the only large investment that I am thinking about right now that will be decent sized is another silver investment because of how the stock market has very recently started to downturn and because of how low prices are.

9. JR Ewing

DG was up double digits yesterday, FDO was up another 5% or so on news that DG put in a higher bid. I sold out of both completely, and made a few bucks on DG and another few hundred on FDO.

10. JR Ewing