Anyone Play Poker?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by JadeDoo, May 6, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Guest

the thing is that I play well for a couple of hours and then I get real bored and start betting with stupid hands. I can never make a living off of it .

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, that can happen too, but it's just normal, after a few hours playing we start to get tired. I wonder if poker players to doping tests? :)

3. TheRealChris

TheRealChris Member

I've played Full Tilt poker for a little a while back and it was pretty fun. My only problem with poker is as soon as I start winning big I start playing dumb. I start raising for no damn reason with the "yolo" thought in mind. I most of the time just end up losing the money that I made xD. It's still a fun game regardless. I never see myself actually playing the game for real money, like those people who play for millions and end up losing millions. I'd just play for fun with fun "tokens" that are refilled.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, that happened to me exactly, I play really well in relatively small tables, I feel I am good and with luck and I move to bigger tables and in a couple of hands I lose all I've earned in the last days.

5. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Just in New jersey?
    Isn't anti-online-gambling law enforced at a federal level?
    The US legislation system is very strange indeed, I think in this case we can clearly see how money talks and lobbies make the government spin....

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I have never touched poker which I am not much of a gambler. I prefer playing something like slot machines and blackjack.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Poker makes my heart beat faster, I love it, especially when I win haha, easy comes easy goes though...

8. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Yeah it's very hard to lose in a minute what took you days to win, just remember to only bet money that you don't mind losing.
    The best is to consider the money lost as soon as you deposit it :)

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

As long as don't lose all of your money while playing poker LOL. If you do lose all your money then you are screwed but I never played so I don't know what to do about it.

10. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

It is a relaxing game for sunny days, but I wouldn't ever bet my house or car on it...