Anyone tempted by Ralph Lauren?

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by Onionman, Feb 4, 2015.

1. StockIdeas

StockIdeas Guest

Nothing special there, better stock elsewhere.

2. ninjabean

ninjabean Member

Just looking at the chart, there's no indication of a reversal to the upside at this point. If you're a big fan of the stock it could be a place to start averaging down, but there's still the chance the downtrend continues further and it's is certainly not in an uptrend at this point. As a general rule i don't average down on stocks unless they are simply pulling back in a bigger uptrend, which this stock is not.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I would wait a little bit for it to settle. I would not necessarily wait too long with this. I like the company and I enjoy the clothing/scents that they have. I have noticed that if you enjoy the product, you are more likely to invest. I would just be careful whenever you grab a company that is declining ever so slightly.

4. AtlantaSports

Crocs had no chance, though. That was obviously a fad that was not going to stay. The fact that people bought those atrocious monstrosities still blows my mind today.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Yeah I never got the point either. Started seeing these rubber shoes with holes in them pop up everywhere... WHAT IS THE POINT!? I do realise that they are good for some things, such as nurses. Actually talked about this with a few nurses and they loved them since they were comfy enough and super easy and fast to clean. :D
    But that is kind of a niche market, so yeah I'm surprised the crock stuff lasted as long as it did.

6. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

I feel like it'll go down any moment now, so no, I'm not too tempted by them. I don't even like their clothes lol

7. AtlantaSports

Even then, they were ugly and just awful. They were crazy overpriced and just no.

8. E.Mil

E.Mil Guest

This is not a stock I have ever thought of investing in. I would maybe try a different stock if I thought about investing into fashion.

9. AtlantaSports

I just wanna invest in Ralph so I can do my best Kanye impression and say "It ain't Ralph though!". :p

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

This isn't a business that interests me to be honest either. Fashion tends to come and go and so does the price of the stock. While Ralph Lauren is a worldwide brand that's been around for a number of years, the market is too volatile to be able to have any confidence in, so I'd stay well clear.