Anywhere in the world tax-free when buying or selling a house?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Nov 9, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Isn't there some sort of lax tax laws in Monte Carlo ? A lot of athletes and celebrities move there for that reason.

2. gats

gats Senior Investor

Pretty much all countries will have property taxes, but there are a lot of countries with extremely low property taxes (costa rica, panama, belize, etc..) so that's the next best thing.

3. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

There are several countries which only ask for a one-off tax payment when you first purchase the property but there don't appear to be any countries who don't levy any tax at all.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

To add on to what Profit5500 has said... you'll have to look real hard and am not so sure... if there is a country in the world where they don't impose taxes on nearly everything including real estate...Caesar has to have his cut {cake} :(

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

There are odd tax laws, but I don't think that people are completely exempt from taxes.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

If there was an ideal country where you did not have to pay taxes, then I would move there instantly haha. But no, I don't think such a place exists.

7. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I don't think there's even a place where real estate transactions are tax free. Even the smallest and cheapest thing has taxes, what more for real estate? If such a place would appear, I bet people from all continents would race to have their own slice of the pie.

8. westmixxin

westmixxin Member

There definitely are some odd tax laws in different areas around the world and if you can get away with that you can be yourself in a position to be completely tax-free. That's exactly why a lot of people live in a certain area of the world for specific amount of time. It just so that they can avoid tax in general. The laws of that area make it so that if you're a citizen you actually can avoid taxation.