Apartments Or Houses?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Rainman, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

You have a good point there 111kg, some small investments can generate a good return. The main issue here it to have the right connections and capital to invest because some countries are really easy to invest in.

2. shyinvestor

shyinvestor Active Member

I you have the possibility I'd stick with the house as it has more value when you have to rent but even an apartment can be easly achieved for pretty much anyone.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Do you mean an accommodation in a beach resort? A long time friend had bought a beach resort, not just an apartment, where they now live. But since he is from that place, he encountered little problems because he knew the mayor which helped with the license to operate. Last summer, we were there in his resort and he said he is doing great. However, if I were to buy one like that, I should also live there and it's not that easy to move in a place with a different culture, much more in a rural town. But I agree that resort dwellings can fetch a higher price.

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I think as far as investing and generating a steady and continuous flow of income is concerned, I'd prefer buying or putting up apartments that are strategically located near the center of town or in the town proper itself. Although investing in a house and having it rented or sold is not a bad idea either. It's harder to sell a house in my area though because they're pretty expensive so only those who have big sums of money could actually buy house properties.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

My husband and I had a serious talk yesterday about the worsening traffic in Metro Manila. One topic was the prospect of retiring in the suburbs. And then we also evaluated our options on how to have enough funds for our old age. The best option we are looking at is to construct an apartment and rent it out. But we realize the potential problems of being a landlord. Another direction is buying a good lot in a good location for a commercial apartment which we can rent out and have one unit for our business.