Apple Inc.: Should You Invest In Apple Stock?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by puru rama, Dec 28, 2016.

1. puru rama

puru rama Active Member

AAPL: should you buy apple stock?Revenue dropped 15%, but at $42.4 billion, the company managed to keep its revenue above the expected $42.1 billion thanks to higher-than-expected “iPhone” sales. As for iPhones in particular, the company sold 40.4 million units, which beat expectations of 39.9 million units.
    But is Apple’s stock a “Buy” now and what is the Apple stock forecast? Apple stock in 2016 will remain volatile. Investors want to believe in a comeback and they are apparently willing to forego reality checks. They were willing to muster a bullish response even as Apple sales—when it comes down to it—simply proved they were dropping.Yes, Apple also said that the iPhone is still able to draw customers into the company’s stores. Indeed, Apple suggested that iPhone sales have finally reached a bottom. Yet iPhone sales in key markets like China dropped by 33% amid growing competition with local brands.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I sold most of my AAPL some time ago. I'm still holding 100 shares, but at one time I had well into 6 figures worth - it was my largest holding for a while. I starting buying it back in early 2007, sold most of it in the last 1-1.5 years or so.

More recently, an ideal time for new investment in AAPL would have been when it slid down into the low $90's earlier in the year. I think there's still some opportunity here though, although I don't like it as much at $120 as I did at $90 a few months back.

I'm gonna hold my last 100 shares for the time being.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Breaking news tiday on the Apple advertising channel, err, CNBC, is that iPhone production is being reduced a bit. Perhaps the upcoming Mobile World Congresa has something to do with it; lots of Samsung news scheduled for release. Apple never goes to Barcelona event.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

5. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

I think very soon Apple will need to look at another significant business to add onto the current group. There was talk of the company taking over Tesla prior to Steve Job’s death as he was known to be very friendly with Elon Musk.