Apple Officially Seals The Deal With Beats Electronics

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, May 29, 2014.

1. turt

turt Guest

Why Netflix? I would guess that Apple already has just as many subscribers and great connections with ISPs. They should be able to create a streaming service of their own without any help.

2. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

I feel as if Netflix cant really be rivalled strongly at the moment and feel like buying what Netflix has at the moment with the huge amount of subscribers it has, would help apple.
    I think buying Beats just shows that Apple really has ambition and wants to really make the Iphone package the best if they add Beats audio to it.

3. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd agree that Apple has great connections with ISPs. Why do you say that?

4. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that was the right investment for apple especially when their are plenty of other investment options with the amount of cash they have. Still if they could do the right thing with Beats online music business it may work out, but I personally think that the headphone business beats runs won't end up working out.

5. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

With that logic, you could also assume that Google makes the best products in the world.

6. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

Well, they certainly make the best search engine in the world...

7. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Looking forward to how this all plays out. If anyone has ever tried Beats enabled devices like the HTC One, the speakers sound superior to other competitive offerings. How much is that is Beats is beyond me, but no contest between the sound quality on the HTC One vs Galaxy S4 from my own real world experience.

I do know Apple was hoping to up music quality as a whole and that's part of the reason why they are switching to a new lightning based audio earphones.

8. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

That comic was perfect!
    This will make Beat even more expensive than they already are, but hopefully it means that the quality of Apple products' sound will improve, even if just marginally.

9. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

LOL, indeed, great picture! :D Apple certainly knows how to make business, they just buy out everything they want and can we blame them really? If they can do it, why not? :)

10. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

Apple and Beats were practically made for eachother. Over-hyped, over-priced electronics that have smooth styling and unlimited ad budgets.

I heard that Lebron James alone made $30 mil off of the deal.

Tags: