Apples Real Stock Market Value

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Rainman, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

If people are still pumping money into Apple on discounted future cash flow principles I think they may get disappointed if they think some of that cash flow is going to make it back to them. It's not to say that it's a bad company at the moment. It's just that the industry is going to continue to evolve rapidly. I just can't see past a year or so from now, never mind a decade.

2. petesede

petesede Guest

it is usually dangerous to have a 5 year outlook on a tech company because tech can change in an instant. But I think Apple right now is safe for at least 5 years because of their patents and their willingness to snuff out competition using lawsuits. Normally you would think that somewhere along the line someone is just going to undercut or add features to a cell phone that will doom Apple... but Apple goes after any competition very very early, before those companies have any way to defend themselves in court. I don´t think anyone other than APPLE will be able to innovate anything about cell phones for a long long time. Not only can APPLE snuff them out using courts, they also can just buy them out very early if it is something interesting.

3. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Makes you wonder what they have in the woodworks. Apple hasn't really been acquisition based and there's no doubt they essentially hoard their capital. Whereas you look at companies like Google who are essentially gobbling up everything in sight in a wide array of markets. Apple tends to build most of their products from the ground up, but naturally that delays things coming to market. There was talk about them getting into automotive, but I can't really see us hearing anything on that front for around 5 years or so -- could be a huge market though.

Overall though, there are just a few companies in this world that you never want to bet against and Apple is certainly one of them.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yes, Apple is a really strong company and they can put up the prices they want that people just keep buying their products, it's impressive.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I've seen a roughly 950% run up since they came out with the first I-phone about 8 years ago. I've recently taken some off the table here. Still a pretty good sized position in it though.

6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

You are right , if one can buy stocks with apple right now, as it continues to soar, one will definately get rich, I believe it is worth investing in at the moment.