Are Online Payment Processors supposed to be that pain in the...?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by dianethare, Mar 4, 2015.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I just had to come here and vent and ask as well, are online payment processors supposed to be so difficult to sign up to?...namely payza, neteller, skrill, payoneer...and yes after a long struggle with paypal i got accepted {close shave...wiping my brow here}...each payment processor requests i have a residential address or happen to identify a certain building that they can identify with, within my radius {where i live}...for starters...in my country, residential addresses are for the chosen few...the rest of us countrymen have postal addresses, buildings to identify...let me see, none, i live in a very remote part of the country, rural area at best...try and explain that the customer service on the other end and they give you complicated alternatives...you know, the mafia kind of vibe; "help us.... help you!"....why is it so hard anyway? beats me :mad: :(

2. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I have been using online payment system for an year now. And trust me there is nothing more simpler than that in my entire life. I totally like the system in different websites. I think they are great. I usually use PayPal which automatically withdraw cash to my account.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

They might have different requirements for different countries. But I never had any problems, Paypal was simple though you did have to confirm your bank account with them and Skrill was even easier.. though I had no need for skrill just did it to get paid once from freelance stuff.

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I believe that since it's easier for someone to steal or launder money using online payment services it's in their interests to stop anyone who might be interested in committing fraud, etc. By demanding for a residential address they want to ensure they know where you'll be found in case of anything. Since people can lie though, I don't think making people jump through hoops makes much of a difference.

5. dianethare

..and that's where the problem comes in, i have no residential address, only a postal address, and am legit as they come and go but to be told that, i can't be accepted because of that is insane :(

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Payoneer normally send a letter with a code [or is it a pin] to the address given so for this one you can't wiggle out of it. With others like Paypal though, you could get away with a fake residential address. I wouldn't recommend it though because should anything happen and they demand to see a utility bill or something, you'll lose your money. I thought Payoneer sent packages [their prepaid card] to postal addresses. Have they changed their terms?

7. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

PayPal is very easy and convenient. I have access to my money almost instantly after a deposit is made and having their business debut card helps to. They takes security very seriously so you have to jump through a few hoops with each thing that you do. This is within your best interest because they want to protect your hard earned money. I do not have any experience with the other payment processors.

8. gats

gats Senior Investor

We don't have proper mailing addresses where I live as well, just PO boxes. Payoneer just sent me the card and the pin in the mail and I had to send them a scan of my ID card.

9. dianethare

I must say you are very lucky to have hacked out Payoneer, i gave up the moment they told me to give them a building/monument they can identify with before they send me the card in the mail...they lost a valuable customer via their stringent rules...their loss not mine :(

10. dianethare

Agreed Rainman...any underhanded work of issuing out a fake residential address will cost me much more heartache in the later end, as for Paypal, am in, with both feet, after along fight as well :)...Payoneer requested i send them a building/monument in my area, they can identify with before they can think of sending me their card in the mail..a battle lost... that one :(