Are there any good penny stocks about at the moment ?

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by Steve Dawson, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Active Member

I've dabbled with penny stocks a little in the past, I've not had a great amount of success with them and wouldn't consider them for myself again. I have a colleague however who wishes to invest a modest amount in this area. I don't follow them much anymore and am out-of-date on good investments right now, are there any penny stocks that you can recommend for my colleague to look into ?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

One stock that is currently below $1 that I have a couple hundred shares of is SYMX. It's a very, very small % of my portfolio. But I believe it will be a very good mid to longterm investment. And it doesn't hurt that John Paulson owns over 10% of the company.

Not something I'd put a huge amount of $ into, but I think it's a good choice for place in the smaller speculative portion of one's portfolio.

3. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Good pennystocks offer the opportunity to invest in largely unrealised potential like that of a small biotech firms still in the research and development phase but show great potential. Investing in small companies eventually breaks through to become hugely profitable firms that offer investors a chance at ROI. A good example of a small company that followed such a trajectory is Microsoft.

4. puru rama

puru rama Active Member

The Top 6 Penny Stocks To Buy Now

1. Aerotech (NASDAQ: ARTX)
    2. Gerdau SA (ADR) (GGB)
    3. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (VRX)
    4. Castle Brands Inc (ROX)
    5. Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA)
    6. Star Bulk Carriers Corp