Are things meant to be?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rosyrain, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Amin

Amin Guest

free will plays a small role in our lives, see the bigger picture, we couldn't choose many things such as who are parents are etc etc.
    and often the choices that we make aren't driven from free will but because we have to...and for survival's sake again we have to think that we have free will...

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

For a lot of people, free will is only a dream because they are ties down and made to do things they don't necessarily want to do but they have to just to get by.

If your in a position to do whatever you want, when you want then I think your one of the lucky few.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I do believe in fate and destiny, but I don't rely on it and things can change because what others choose to do around you can affect your own fate. I see it that certain things do need to happen because they were planned, and not all planned things as fun, happy or nice. We,a s humans have to learn the lessons of forgiveness and humility, loss and betrayal to make us strong and appreciative. That requires not so nice experiences, so sometimes they will happen and you ride it out and learn.

4. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Do you mean like fate?

I kinda think that we all have a set time of when we will die but other than that I don't believe things are meant to be and I believe you can change things around. I don't like the idea that things are meant to be because it means I'm not in control of my destiny and things are already laid out for me, without my say.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Same way no one gets to choose their parents or where they will be born, as I thought more about this, I realized that some things are predetermined but others aren't. We are placed on a path that will lead us somewhere and it hardly matters what we do along the way as long as long as we get to that destination. If we head off in a different direction then we'll have to come back [again and again] and get to the predetermined destination.

6. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

I believe, Everybody have 1 Code and everybody must find that in his own nature, attitude and behavior. Code is important in life. when you find your own code. surrender and dedication from you, for that code happens automatically. after that, pain or gain doesn't matters. In Pain, your dedication for code, increase your confidence and then pain don't stay pain anymore.
    In Bhagavad-Geeta, Lord Krishna said, Our Karma decide our fate, human must stay samahita means stay same in good and bad.
    Kriya-Yoga said, do action, stop reaction. If we can't change our fate then face it with confidence and without genuine code, we lack confidence.
    Arya Chanakya said, If your code is genuine, nobody can stop you.

Since 3 years old, I was patient of Epilepsy, when i was in school. I got hate and sympathy from students and teachers. My natural skills dominated and disappeared because of disease. when i got 16 years old, I was asking question to myself like weak person. what was my fault ? why this happened to me ? there was nobody to answer my questions. My parents took me to best doctors, It changed nothing.
    then 1 day i decided, If Doctors can't cure my disease. I will cure my own disease and after that, I started Yoga and Meditation without guidance of any teacher. sitting on 1 place 5-6 hours and i was just watching my thoughts without reaction and what i saw after that . during meditation, I feel, somebody is guiding me from inside myself. somebody is inspiring me to do something big. It was telling me, don't do meditation just for cure from disease, do it to find your capabilities and what you can do. after that, I realized, Pain is good , because, Pain comes in life of any human to offer him more strength and who can't face that or try to avoid that, Pain become his weakness and weakness force us sometimes, to do that, which we never want to do and when karmas which we do because of weakness, become reason of our fate.

I don't knew what is my fate, but, now i prepared myself to face any challenge. I think, that's important in human life most. How many compromises i made in my life matters most. If I made less compromises, it means i am still strong inside.

7. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

I agree. The future exists as a framework of potentials and probabilities, based on choices we and others make today, and have made in the past. We can affect the future, individually and collectively, by exercising our free will.

8. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is easier to accept things that happen to you in life if you let yourself believe that it was meant to me. Sometime you might want a job really badly and you don't get it. You are upset but then a few weeks later you land a much better job so it cases like that I can see how you would feel destined to that. I am not sure if I believe all of life is like that. Same the people who say that everything happens for a reason but is that the truth? Terrible things happen all the time and it makes no sense that there was a good reason it happened. It is all how you believe or what we believe. Everybody has their own thought and opinions of why and how things happen in their lives.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While I do agree that sometimes certain things happen in life that people can't do anything about, a lot of the time they can help to change a situation if they want to.

These days it seems like people often take the easy way out and will blame fate for something that happens to them, when in reality its their own doing that has brought it on themselves.

10. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Well we're all headed to the same destination at the end of it the day, it's just what route we decide to take to get to that destination is the big thing. While I obviously agree that you have no control over parents or where you're born, you can then expand upon that and be whatever you want to be.