Are water properties the best real-estate investments?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by springbreeze, Aug 17, 2014.

1. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

Do you think properties on the water (with a water view) are the best types of real-estate to invest in? Are they the easiest to sell? Are they the easiest to mark-up in price?

2. turt

turt Guest

As long as your property isn't about the fall into water due to erosion, it will always hold value. There's only so much property on water to go around. It's like selling any other property but you will be dealing with a much more expensive property on average so it won't just instantly sell.

3. wulfman

wulfman Guest

I mean any type of bad storm and your house will be a sand pit . My uncle had a beach house in the Hamptons that was pretty far inland and was destroyed. Buy insurance for sure. I don't know the fluctuation of real estate near the water. I'm sure it is in demand though.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I think, you should weigh out pros and cons before really putting pen to paper in this regard but in terms of seaside resorts and hotels, it would be a wonderful lifetime real estate investment. {just my two cents}.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

They tend to be the most sought after, but they are not without added risks.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Water view is the best, water front not so much, if you can find a property that has a clear view to the sea with some distance between them, then that should be a great investment, because if the water is too close there are too many things that can go wrong as time goes on, from erosion to dangerous storms and water damage.

7. twinsmommy31

twinsmommy31 Active Member

I feel these are the most sought after types of properties. There is nothing like a wonderful water front view. It allows you to relax, entertain and just enjoy your home. I can see that these types of properties do come with risks such as storm damage or erosion damage. I see that some people will take the risks to enjoy a home on the waterfront.

8. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

If it is in good condition and flooding isn't a problem on storm and winter times, it'll have a really good value on the expensive/luxury market. Those houses are usually bought as holidays houses and so some luxe is appreciated by the buyers. If it's close to water and has a view to water, it's always a +1.

9. Kael

Kael Guest

"Properties on the water (with a water view)" are an excellent buying option. However, the erosion and the salt in the air could cause major deterioration over time to the land and the dwelling. You should definitely want to test the frame quality of the home before you invest.