Are You a Friendly Person?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Aug 26, 2014.

1. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely a friendly person and I have always been this way which is a good thing but when it comes to strangers I'm not too friendly because I don't know who they are. I don't hang out with the wrong crowd and I have a very good head on my shoulders. Being friendly is just who I am but that is a good thing and nothing wrong with it at all. There is too much hatred in this world as it is and I stay away from all that negativity.

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Something that was beat in to me, sometimes quite literally, in youth was etiquette and manners. To this day, I try to be as gracious and respectful as possible to everyone I meet. That said, I have little time or interest in social matters and, as such, engage in said to the absolute minimum necessary to function in society and business. Simply put, I find such interactions an absolute bore at best, and time is money, so ... meh.

3. yari1123

yari1123 Guest

People often say that before they met me they thought I was conceited or stuck up and even unfriendly. In reality I am a very friendly person; it just happens to be that I walk around with an unfriendly expression on my face. When you grow up in the Bronx, NY, you tend to make an unfriendly face your defense mechanism. NY people aren't really too friendly to begin with. I came to this realization once I started traveling and meeting people outside of NYC. Like I stated before I am friendly for the most part; except to men who try to pick me up. I have found that being polite and friendly gives a man the wrong impression sometimes.

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I try not to be friendly at all. Ever. Because deep down I'm one of those people who care a little bit too much for others. I've heard such people are called empaths. If anyone detects a chink in the armor then they'll be all over me. To avoid having to deal with other people's issues I prefer to play the aloof game.

5. Nevi

Nevi Member

Not really, i'm aloof and i can go by myself alone, sometimes i have no choice but to be friendly and not to be rude.

6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I would say I am a friendly person, but in my own ways, I will not walk arround the streets smiling at everyone, neither would I walk arround with a frown on my face, but I keep it real, I smile where it is needed and keep a straight face where it is needed, so I guess I can say that I go with the flow.

7. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

I'd like to think it this way, yes... but no, I'm not.

8. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I love talking to people of all kinds but prefer to stay far away from strangers. I am not sure that I am really interested to know more about strangers. I prefer to stay away from then as I think it is complete waste of time many a times. I also prefer to stay away from babies as they are completely unpredictable.

9. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

LOL, what does this means really? :D I think that we can be friendly, why not, unless there are just too many concerns or pain in our life, in that case it's harder.

10. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Active Member

I consider myself an extremely friend person but some people don't get that when they first meet me. I am always trying to smile and be friendly but people always say that they thought I was stuck up when they first met me. It really bothers me since I really try hard to be nice.