Are you unemployed?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I'm self-employed. I make enough to get me all I need so for me, looking for a job has never crossed my mind and fact is, I enjoy my freedom and would not give it up no matter what. But to answer the OP's question, though there are lots of people claiming that the unemployment rate has gone down, etc, etc they need to get their facts right. There still are a lot of unemployed people.

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I am still trying too and believe me its just very hard. I try to be optimistic but for things like article writing its tough for me since I have issues with grammar more so the punctuation part. I just hope things go right with this Globallshare thing. I am just stressed but I have to keep going.

3. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I have never been unemployed because I work in g9overnment sector where things like recession do not matter at all. I am sure it is quite hard for a lot of people who are unemployed and do not know where to find a proper job. I think it can be quite strenuous. Thankfully I have never faced such a situation. I hope I do not face unemployment ever.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

If i happen to come across something that drops down dollars like rain, am going to share it out with you...i promise...i just need to implement it and see how it goes, don't worry i got your back :)

5. Profit5500

Hard finding the proper job is so understanding. Government is where you really cool if there is something worth it. If there were some sort of opportunity then I would take it.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

You generally have two choices in such a situation. Either find a way to start your own business or find a way to relocate somewhere else where there are some job openings doing something that pays a decent wage and allows you to get back on your feet.

Some companies will offer relocation assistance for you to move to where their jobs are. From there you can keep your eyes open for possible better future opportunities.

7. wulfman

wulfman Guest

I was unemployed for a year or so after my small business venture did not succeed. It was a learning experience though and I was lucky to have some connections through family to land another job. It really is difficult these days with each job having so many qualified candidates.

8. Profit5500

The only problem with relocating in my situation is that I do not have a car so its tough to travel. I am trying to just find a part time job to work with. Starting my own business is really tricky since I do not have a clue on what kind of business to start.

9. ally79

ally79 Guest

I have been working online for the past 5 years and recently my primary source of income folded. My husband is also unemployed at the moment so things are tough. We would love to move and look for opportunities elsewhere but there is just no money for it at the moment.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I was never unemployed fortunately and I have the example of my brother that is always working on and off, so I don't envy is luck, but at the same time he pushed it with the bosses, so he gets sacked.