Are you unemployed?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

If you were never unemployed then you are lucky. I am still waiting for that chance to make that money again. If you got a good position then you got politics in of front you.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Rightly said wulfman, the competition out there is hard and stiff, somehow everyone is either qualified or over-qualified...sometimes i begin to think it all boils down to luck, right time, right place, right plan and right strategy implemented!

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I know, I do feel lucky and I wish you the best. In fact, to enter my job I knew someone here or else I would not have entered. Unfortunately in many cases it's necessary to know someone, merit doesn't always count.

4. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

No I'm not unemployed because I work from home at the moment. In the past I did work outside of the home but it just got to a point where I needed a positive change so then I made the choice to work from home and it has been going well for me. I do some writing jobs online and other fun activities that keep me busy and give me more freedom. I don't have any strict schedules like I did before and I'm able to work online whenever I want so I have free time to do other things. When things got really bad with the economy I had a hard time getting a job outside of the home but I never had a problem getting a job from home. In fact I found that I had more success getting hired from a company to work from home.

5. dianethare

This is what makes me envy jobs at home, setting one's own schedule, the freedom is immense, i get to save on transport, lunch and buying extra costly clothes because i have to keep up with whomever!...working at home rocks!

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who are unemployed at this time. While I've never personally been unemployed, I definitely can empathize with folks who are. I understand how stressful and depressing it can be. Just pray and keep working hard. Be persistent in filling out applications. You will land work eventually. Just don't lose hope and confidence in who you are.

7. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Well, you can say that, unemployed because I'm not earning a steady flow of income at the moment, but, hopefully, next year (2015) will be the year for me to shine and propose in the financial department. Until then, I'm trying to find a decent source online to earn some money so that I can save, invest a little and treat myself for working overtime and such at a stressful pace.

8. twinsmommy31

twinsmommy31 Active Member

There is always a light at the end the tunnel. I was unemployed after I retired from the Air Force for 2 years and that was scary. Especially when all you know to do it work. Eventually a great job that fits for you will come.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

If you don't mind me asking what will you be doing next year to earn an income? There are plenty of places to earn extra income online if you just do a little research you will probably be able to find something to suit your needs and to allow you to earn a bit of extra money while you wait for the right "real" job to come along.

10. dianethare

Thank you gmckee1985...the prayers will go out a long way...sometimes i envision all the applications i sent out either in the recycle bin or down a paper shredder...it can be very disappointing...but persistence pays out in the end!