Are you unemployed?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Nov 6, 2014.

1. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I am a student right now so there is no question of unemployment here. But I think it is quite a good thing to talk about as we see a lot of people losing their jobs for the sake of economy. My dad is a government officials so I have never seen unemployment face to face but I have definitely heard a lot about it.

2. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

Right when the economy went bad I lost employment, at the time I was also in poor health, it took quite awhile to get back to work and even then I worked to part time jobs till 2010. My thought was one of the two jobs would eventually open to full time. that was in 2010 now almost 5 years later I am still trying to recover both physically and financially. i am doing great physically financially it seems like a constant struggle. the price of everything has increased but the pay rate is about the same as prior to 2008. I do what i can to increase the earnings but there is a point when it starts to be counter productive tax wise and health insurance wise. health insurance has been the biggest money suck of all time, Cobra costs were crazy high and it does not seem to be much better now.

3. gats

gats Senior Investor

I have been self employed via the Internet since I was 19. It is much easier for me to make money online instead of getting a typical job.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I am employed full time right now and do some online work as I am trying to be self employed fully someday. I am also looking for a new job and have an interview lined up for next week. The economy and all has made it possible for me to start looking again. I want to be happy with the job that I do.

5. downsouth

downsouth Guest

Thankfully I have been working at the same company for the past 4 years. While it gets boring and tiresome, I feel very lucky to have a steady job and income in this day and age.

6. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I am not unemployed but I do have a dreaded "zero hours" contract, meaning that my working hours vary from week to week, as does my income. That's why I'm here really, to find ways to earn extra cash so one day I won't be reliant on working for someone else.

7. Jeff Tennery

Jeff Tennery New Member

Try Moonlighting

If you are unemployed, come Moonlighting with us. It's a free app that lets you find part time work fast and easy.

8. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I have never been good on having a single job for a long time. Hence I keep getting unemployed from time to time. I think it is best to stop worrying about unemployment as it comes and goes for Me. Family business keeps me going.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

10. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I am currently unemployed but I work on the online. I think it is quite important to understand that when your unemployed you have to depend on someone else. Hence I work online and make sure that I have enough money for day to day living.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015