As oil prices slide Russia sliding toward the edge

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by SamClemensMT, Jan 23, 2015.

1. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

The Russian federation is in trouble. As oil prices continue to decline. Russia is hoarding gold and selling off its U.S. treasuries. What does it all mean? It's the stuff that wars are made of. Keep an eye on this one.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Wars and rumors of war . . .

Russia's economic woes won't drive it and her allies to war. Should things get really bad then they may decide to forcibly revive the Soviet Union. Since some of these nations are NATO members I'm sure Russia will think twice before invading any of these nations. After reading a few articles, I believe that Russia intends to sell more military products so though they will not be making much money from oil they won't be that badly off economically, that is.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yep, surprise surprise, the wold is conspiring economically against Russia. They started the hostilities, now they need to face the consequences.

4. petesede

petesede Guest

if I were Putin, I would create some kinda faux war, or instigate something. Just the rumors or threat of a disruption in production could send prices higher. Get Iran to mess with Israel.. those types of issues usually make oil jump a bit.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

They could use the death of the Iranian General in Syria as an excuse to drive up tensions. Or the Iranians could be urged to retaliate and draw the Israelis into war. Russia would then declare that they'll not stand by and let their 'neighbor' and ally be invaded. That would most likely make oil prices to jump.