Babysitter Shoots At Children, Blames Alcohol

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Don't drink and babysit. Should babysitters be drinking when they are working? How can they do the job right if they are "high?" One woman made this mistake and next thing [she doesn't remember] is whipping out a pistol and shooting at two, 8 yr old children she was supposed to be babysitting. The kids fled to a neighbor's house . . .

Parents, the babysitter you leave your kids with might be this dangerous.

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I wonder how many babysitting jobs this person is gonna get from now on.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Jeesh this is too much. Here in the Richmond area we had 3 people who were babysitting a 3 year old child beat him to death. I mean seriously, what is this world coming to?? Are parents supposed to frisk the babysitters for weapons when they come to the house? The whole thing is absurd. Moral of the story, presuming you don't want your kids dead, know who you are turning them over to.

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Tragic. Why would anyone beat a three year old to death? Is it drugs that get people to act like animals? Or is that we've got to that point in time where people just are naturally heartless? I hope those responsible end up getting beatings in prison from other prisoners every day for as long as they are in prison.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think this is a sad sign of the times when you read about things happening like this. Only a few years ago you would be able to leave your children with a babysitter knowing they would be safe, these days though it seems like you can't trust anybody.

6. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

That babysitter deserves to be punished. This is just ridiculous.

7. Sandra

Sandra Active Member

This is serious and could have resulted in the death of the children. This babysitter acted irresponsibly as she shouldn't be drinking especially to the point of getting drunk while carrying out her job. Individuals supervising children have to always be conscious and responsible. She probably shouldn't have ready access to a gun either while babysitting.

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Is she not getting punished?

9. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

This is a really sad situation, taking care of kids is a really big deal! The life of two little humans completely depend on you, besides that you can harm those kids while you're drunk/stoned, you are giving them the example that what you're consuming is a good thing, this could lead those kids to start consuming drugs or alcohol.

10. shyinvestor

shyinvestor Active Member

I wonder too ahaha. By the way I guess also about the parents of the children.. I mean a type of person like this shouldn't be mentally stable and you should be able to spot it or no?